Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Toe Pick


It’s rare that I go anywhere else in Manhattan but Soho anymore. It’s where my office is, where I meet up with friends, where I shop…everything. But once in a while you have to go explore other areas in the city and as most city-dwellers know, you are always pleasantly surprised. Despite the cooler weather I hadn’t realized that the holiday season is nearly upon us until I walked through Bryant Park today. To my delight and surprise I saw that the ice rink was up and some early birds were toe-looping and triple axeling and skating away! I was so happy I stopped to take some photos and although I didn’t get any up-close shots of ice skates, I thought that a perfect Shoe of The Day would be this silhouette of a skate that provides the artwork surrounding the rink this season. I had never skated in the city until last year for my fabulous friend Olivia’s birthday. I am still so happy that she decided to have a skating party because it was a reason to go and was such a lovely time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment