Thursday, November 11, 2010

Manolo Catharsis


I laughed. I cried. There was anger and fear. I made it through the Manolo Blahnik sample sale and it wasn’t without pain. One broken camera (the reason for the horrible photo today), a pair of ripped stockings, and a sore ankle later I emerged with the most beautiful pair of light brown pony hair/dark leather brown boots I have ever seen. They fit my legs, the have a beautifully skinny and high heel and side clasps, and the look amazing both with a skirt and over jeans. Mr. Andre Leon Talley himself lent me a hand as I slipped my foot into the boot and explained, “Ohhh you MUST buy those.” It was kind of like God showing me the way, if God were a large black bitchy, yet, fashionable man. It was a cash-only sale and I didn’t exactly plan on finding pony hair boots when I entered so I had to convince a really cute sales girl to hide them for me as I sprinted across Seventh Avenue to go back to the ATM. (I expect CHASE to be calling me any minute now letting me know that someone has stolen my ATM card and is withdrawling large sums of money from different ATM’s around the city. If they don’t call me, then I’m going to call them and tell them that they really need to provide better security.

Still, as I know that the retail price of these is in the thousands, I’m pretty sure I saved no less than 80 percents off the original cost…but I have no idea how to do percentages and only passed math in college because my teacher was old and I was nice to him…and I may or may not have cried to him after the final and BEGGED for a C-minus.

It was a hectic morning, and I am sore, hungry, and exhausted. But it was worth it, and I look forward to the next one. After the sale I visited fashion designer Christian Siriano in his studio where he screamed over the boots. I knew my decision was a good one. 

Next week is the Louboutin sale and will be in Madrid so I have nominated my dearest Lauren Larkin to go in my place and report back to me. I wish her luck, health, safety, and heels. 

1 comment:

  1. I am SO honored to take your place for the Loub sale...i can only hope to have as much luck as you did with these boots...i'm still drooling

    ReplyDelete