Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taking a Tumble


I think I merely escaped a broken ankle today both caused by and due to the striped pony hair Manolo boots. They are a bit too high for me but I wear them anyway. I just didn’t expect the rain today so they got a little bit wet but thankfully there are no water stains. The rain however, didn’t quite cause the fall.

I actually don’t know how it happened. I just know one second I was at my desk saying goodbye the Genevieve from Factory PR who came to show me the new t-shirt line from Bambu, and the next minute my heel got caught on the back of my chair and I suffered a great tumble, in front of about six people. Like, a full to the ground fall where I couldn’t even catch myself. However, the boots are quite thick so when I think I could have completely rolled my ankle they actually acted as a brace and kept the bone from cracking. Fashion is dangerous—recall when dropping the September VOGUE cause a broken toe? I do.  

Anyhow, we are between seasons now as far as what we are shooting in the office so sadly I haven’t had any new shoes to play with. I can hear the fashion assistants calling in some Spring looks in the distance though so I expect by later this week I will have some new toys. In the meantime, this is the new Louis Vuitton ad that I am OBSESSED with. Saw it first in Miami in the new Ocean Drive and I think that these boots were made for me. They are at the top of my Christmas list, just in case I’ve been a good girl this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment