Friday, November 5, 2010

Shoe Wars!


There’s nothing quite like the rush of a shoe sample sale. And thanks to the fact that media often gets treated like gold in NYC, I get the pleasure of getting a lot of invites to explore the sales before everyone else. Today was Stuart Weitzman, who I think is hit or miss on a lot of his styles— but you can’t go wrong when pairs are going for $40 a pop. This morning I ventured to the company’s corporate offices on 57th St. and picked up this pair of red and pink snakeskin platforms. Who doesn’t’ need a pair of colorful snakeskin shoes? No one I am friends with. I also snatched up a pair of silver and Lucite heels but we’ll want for summer before bringing those out.

Luckily the sale wasn’t too crowded when I went in so I was able to gently sift through the size nines with ease. Some precautions I take before heading into a sale is to be sure to wear flats that you can easily slip on and off so you can try on the maximum amount of pairs as quickly a possible. Don’t have a lot of things with you since these sales often take place in close quarters, and most of all, always be sure to bring checks, cash, and credit cards because the sales are often very limited in what kind of payment they will take.

So Stuart was a success! I was actually surprised that they were only $40 a pair. Most often the Louboutin,  Choo and Manolo Sales are still charging about $200 (but still a steal relatively). These shoes will come in just perfectly as the holidays approach because nothing dresses up an old black dress like a red festive pair of sky high pumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment