Thursday, January 6, 2011

Morning with Minkoff



I went to my first press preview of 2011 today, and it feels great to be back! It’s crisp outside, but the spring and summer styles being previewed warm me right up. I love going to designer showrooms because they are so unassuming. Unlike the retail stores, which boast beautiful storefronts in great locations, the true workrooms and showrooms are usually in the heart of the garments district. You go down some crappy street in the west 30s, go up a freight elevator, and the doors open up to beautiful loft spaces with floor to ceiling windows with natural light and the newest shoes and handbags and clothing coming right off the sewing machines. It’s like a hidden little world and I’m always so glad to be apart of it.

I hung out with Rebecca Minkoff today and we talked fashion. Her spring, summer, and pre-fall bags and shoes are being shown now and she has some adorable stuff. She’s working with a lot of different blue hues for the bags, but kept a lot of the footwear nice and neutral. I particularly like these grey and metallic snakeskin peep toe wedges, and below is the designer herself and some more of her new shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment