Friday, December 17, 2010

Shopping and Champagne Do Mix!


Though it sounds like it could be a complete disaster, drinking and shopping do often mix well for me! Though there have been a few mishaps, it usually has to do more with the amount spent than the item selected.

After all, last week a few cocktails landed me with these pair of amazing shoes from Furla. After spending at hour or so at a party with my future mother in law and the High Rise Hostess at La Perla, we ventured down Fifth Avenue to go see Susan at Furla. Between the fantastic discount and the prosecco, we each bought shoes, bags, and accessories. It’s always fun to shop at private events long after the store has closed with a cocktail in hand. This brown animal print bootie is such a great shade of brown with chocolate details that it actually pairs perfectly well with both brown and black. The best part was waking up kind of hazy the next morning, actually forgetting that I had bought them. It was like waking up to Christmas presents left by Santa! I was so excited and put them on and enjoyed my morning coffee in my pajamas with Kathie Lee, and Hoda while wearing these amazing shoes.

Then Kenny reminded me that we had to go meet our wedding officiant. Still a bit hazy (hungover), I quickly showered, threw the shoes back on and I was out the door. Thank god I have a future husband who remembers wedding planning when I forget, and doesn’t mind my love of Champagne and shoes—and never tried to limit my consumption of either. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! And I love shopping on champagne, always come back with something fabulous you would've been scared to buy sober.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! a buzzed shopping trip in South Beach resulted in quite a few gutsy purchases i've never regretted

    ReplyDelete